Last day to submit your application is 9 January 2017 @ 10pm (PST)!
Earn your attendance by completing approximately 12-15 hours of on-site work with the IGDA at the 2017 Game Developers Conference!
GDC 2017 runs from Monday, 27 February through Friday, 3 March. Volunteers have a required orientation on Sunday evening, 26 February. If you are accepted into the IGDA @ GDC 2017 volunteer program, you are expected to be on-site from the start of orientation through the end of the conference on the evening of Friday, 3 March, during conference hours. Plan accordingly so you have no conflicts during that time.
Benefits of Volunteering with the IGDA @ GDC
- A free, non-transferable Expo Pass to the event (unless you already have a pass; unfortunately, refunds are not available)
- Access to various IGDA networking events and GDC parties
- Ability to network with some of the top people in the game industry
- An opportunity to "give back" to the development community
- Priority access to future IGDA volunteering opportunities
- Experience and our recommendation (if requested)
- Travel Expenses (including but not limited to airfare, gas, taxis, and parking fees)
- Lodging Expenses
- Food Costs
- Professional, friendly, and respectful attitude
- Ability to be flexible, understanding, and patient in a changing environment
- Provide support for the IGDA and each other
- Excellent in-person and online communication skills
- Available from the pre-conference orientation until conference officially ends (Sunday late afternoon, 26 February - Friday late evening, 3 March)
- Must be at least 18 years old
Available Shift Roles
- Booth Assistant (membership sign-up, information parsing, and promotions)
- Special Interest Group (SIG) Assistant (assist SIG leaders in their roundtables)
- Social Assistant (assist Chapter/SIG leaders during their booth socials)
- Runners (the "catch all” position for unanticipated needs)
- Photography & Videography (must bring own equipment)
- On-Call (available as emergency back-up)
- Special Events
Volunteer Schedule Example
- Pre-Conference Orientation on Sunday (3 Hours)
- Runner shift on Monday (2.5 Hours)
- Booth Assistant Shift on Tuesday (2 Hours)
- Special Events assistant on Wednesday (2 Hours)
- On Call availability on Thursday (4 Hours)
Last day to submit your application is 9 January @ 10pm (PST)!
The application to volunteer is now closed.