How Your Organization Can Support the IGDA®
The IGDA® continues to work to engage its game developers and attract new members in a variety of ways, but primarily through both Event-specific Outreach and Ongoing Outreach efforts:
- IGDA® Networking Events: IGDA® networking events at major industry events are a key form of outreach, as well as fostering the IGDA® global community. Events include GDC (SF), E3, the IGDA® Leadership Summit and others.
- IGDA® Lunches/Dinners: The IGDA® hosts special meals for VIPs, SIG/Chapter leaders, Scholars and Sponsors to celebrate their contributions to the organization.
- IGDA® Scholars Program: This initiative finds the best and brightest aspiring game developers and provides them the opportunity to kick start their careers. IGDA® Scholars receive an all-access pass to a games industry conference and are mentored by a seasoned industry professional.
- IGDA® T-Shirts & Swag: Members love to represent! Helping us produce organization and/or event-specific swag is a popular way to help spread our brand.
The following IGDA® activities are some of the primary year-round efforts provide an outlet for IGDA® content, discussion and exposure:
- IGDA® Insider: Published weekly, the newsletter is a key outreach resource for disseminating current activities and news items. Advertising is available, as well as ongoing sponsorships of the publishing effort (to support print versions, especially for events).
- IGDA® Foundation: The IGDA® Foundation is another non-profit arm of the IGDA® that focuses on scholarships, such as the Eric Dybsand Memorial scholarship that funds the recipient’s education in game development.
- IGDA® Chapters: If you have an IGDA® Chapter in your local area, they always appreciate support and sponsorship of events and initiatives.
Above and beyond the goodwill associated with supporting developers in our industry, as an IGDA® Sponsor, you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- A listing on our IGDA® website sponsor/partner page with your logo, link, descriptive blurb and quote.
- A public thank you in the IGDA® Insider weekly mailer (which reaches over 30,000 individuals each week).
- With events, your name and logo clearly associated with the event on signage, the website, mailers, and so forth.
- The opportunity to offer discounted products/services to IGDA® members.
- And more!
Contact sponsors [at] IGDA [dot] org for more information on the program or to sign up!