October 2011 – IGDA Perspectives Newsletter – Table of Contents – Alternative Funding Sources
Hello! Welcome to the October issue of the IGDA Perspectives Newsletter.
- He Who Pays First, Laughs Last: The Rise of Crowdfunding, David Midgley
- BioShock Pitch Document: A Brief Analysis, Erik Robson
- IndieSpective: Crowdfunding to the Rescue!, Robert Madsen
- Dark Acre: A Lesson in Crowdfunding, Jack Nilssen
- The Pilot Paradigm: How to Launch a New IP Cheaper & More Effectively, Peter Kojesta
- Finding Your Cheese, Amos Marvel
- Game Design Aspect of the Month: Indie Game Revelations, David Michael & Sande Chen
- New Developments in Facebook Advertising Analytics, Randall Lloyd
- “No Spectacle without Spectators” – A View On Marketing Digital Games, Interview With Steve Fowler
Editor in Chief – Beth Lameman; Art Director – Cat Wendt; Copy Editor Sarah Woody; Events Editor – Heather M. Decker-Davis
As always, thanks to Michelangelo Pereira & Tristin Hightower for their on-going work toward migrating archived newsletter goodness onto this site.
The IGDA Perspectives Newsletter is looking for content for its December issue on Preservation.
We are looking for pieces generally 500-2,000 words, preferably with a short third person bio and images attached separately. Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Highlights of game preservation projects.
- Game history.
- Postmortems of recent games that revisit classic game design.
Please send articles to Editor-in-Chief Elizabeth Lameman (elizabeth.lameman [at] gmail [dot] com) by Friday, November 11.
Hungry for even more content? Check out these insightful monthly columns: