Location: Fukuoka, Japan
Founded in: August 2011
Demographics: 60% Students, 30% Developers, 10% Others (Teacher, Researcher, Publishers etc.)
Structure: Developers and students around the Fukuoka area.
To be fun, our events with developers are not only in game fields but also in other fields, such as web, film, hardware, etc. So our GGJ site was not just a “Game” Jam but a “Make” Jam.
Our Fukuoka Global Game Jam 2012 is very successful thanks to our sponsors, which includes:
Kyushu Bureau of Economy, Trade and Industry
Microsoft Student Partners
Unity Technology JAPAN
Web Technology Corp.
anno lab. Inc.
Game Factory’s Friendship
Fukuoka Institute of Technology, Junior College
Kyushu University TLO
NIPPON DESIGNER GAKUIN
Future Sync (a kind of seminar event organized by ICT communities around Fukuoka area).
Mailing List: We use our Facebook Group instead of a mailing list.
Meetings: At least once a month.
Meeting Locations: We change it every time. We usually meet at the Fukuoka Institute of Technology, Junior College.
Types of Meetings: Seminars, Lectures, Game Jams, Hackathons
Fukuoka Global Game Jam
Hachitai (a kind of local hackathon we hold every month.)
Fukushima Game Jam in Fukuoka Satellite Site
More from IGDA Perspectives July 2012 – Kids!
- Kids Are Gamers Too, Kevin O’Gorman
- Drawing on Kids’ Imagination in Game Design, Paul Gray
- Gamer Tots: How We Engage the Youngest Player, Mary Kurek
- IndieSpective: What Are Your Kids Learning?!, Robert Madsen
- Game Design Aspect of the Month: Computer Play Sessions of Children Under 6, Traci Lawson
- Behind The Scenes of IGDA Chapter Fukuoka, Kosuke Kaneko
- Shout out for Swag!, Jeanette Shown