Last day to submit your application is 7 February @ 10pm (PST)!
Earn your attendance by completing approximately 15 hours of on-site work with the IGDA at the 2014 Game Developers Conference!
Benefits of Volunteering
- A free Expo Pass to the event (unless you already have a pass).
- Priority access to future IGDA volunteering opportunities.
- Access to various networking events and parties.
- Ability to network with some of the top people in the game industry.
- An opportunity to "give back” to the development community.
- Experience and our recommendation (if requested).
- Travel Expenses (including but not limited to airfare, gas, taxis, & parking fees)
- Lodging Expenses
- Food Costs
Available Shift Roles
- Booth Assistant (membership sign-up, information parsing, and promotions)
- Runners (the "catch all” position for unanticipated needs)
- Game Assistant (promoting and teaching attendees a GDC-specific social game)
- Photography & Videography (must bring own equipment)
- On-Call (available as emergency back-up)
- Special Events
Volunteer Schedule Example
- Pre-Conference Orientation on Sunday (1 Hour)
- Runner shift on Monday (3 Hours)
- Booth Assistant Shift on Tuesday (3 Hours)
- Special Events assistant on Wednesday (2 Hours)
- On Call availability on Thursday (4 Hours)
- Booth Teardown on Friday (2 Hours)
- Professional, friendly, and respectful attitude
- Ability to be flexible, understanding, and patient in a changing environment
- Provide support for the IGDA & each other
- Excellent in-person and online communication skills
- Available from the pre-conference meeting until conference officially ends*
- Must be at least 18 years old
* Please note: All accepted volunteers must attend either the pre-conference orientation and meetup held Sunday afternoon, 16 March or the mid-week orientation and meetup held Wednesday morning, 19 March.
The application to applying for a volunteer position has closed.